Our vision and mission statements were adopted at a general member's meeting on June 9, 2019.
In a spirit of generosity, gratitude, and social engagement we provide, maintain, and promote not-for-profit co-operative housing, working together to care for our homes, our land, and our community.
- We maintain our community now and for the future through participation, education, and a commitment to financial and environmental sustainability.
- We govern democratically according to the principles and values of the co-operative movement.
- We balance concern for the needs of our co-op with those of the individual members.
- We nurture an inclusive community that is compassionate, caring, safe, healthy, and affordable.
- We contribute to the life and organization of our co-op and of the wider community.
- We resolve conflicts through open and effective communication.
- We treat each other with kindness and respect.
Previous mission statement
Our previous mission statement was formally adopted at an Annual General Meeting of Beaver Creek Housing Co-operative on October 4, 1998.
We are a diverse and affordable housing community that promotes a safe and healthy environment.
We depend on each other to contribute to the organization and life at our co-op.
We balance the needs of our community with the needs of the individual.
We maintain our strong community and a responsible relationship with the larger community by using co-operative principles and by effectively resolving conflicts.
We treat each other with kindness and respect.